Li-Chun’s Selected Papers
Three Most Significant Papers of My Published Papers in My Personal Opinion:
Wang, G. L. Stüber, and Chin-Tau Lea, "Architecture
Design, Frequency Planning, and Performance analysis for A Macrocell/Microcell
Overlaying System," IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 46, No.
4, pp.836--848, Nov. 1997.
2. Li-Chun Wang, “Wireless Communications Cellular Architecture for Improving Communication Resource Allocation”, US Patent 6,002,935, Dec. 14, 1999. The relate work was also published as "A New Cellular Architecture Based on An Interleaved Cluster concept," in IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 48, No. 6, pp. 1809-1818, Nov., 1999
3. Chiung-Jang Chen and Li-Chun Wang, “A Unified Capacity Analysis for Wireless Systems with Joint Multiuser Scheduling and Antenna Diversity in Nakagami Fading Channels,” IEEE Trans. on Communications, vol. 54, No. 3, pp. 469--478, Mar. 2006.
Novel Cellular Architectures:
4. Li-Chun Wang, Kapil C. Chawla, and Larry J. Greenstein, "Performance Studies of Narrow Beam Trisector Cellular Systems," International Journal of Wireless Information Networks, Vol. 5., No. 2, pp.89-102, 1998.
5. Li-Chun Wang and Kin K. Leung, "A High-Capacity Wireless Network by Quad-Sector Cell and Interleaved Channel Assignment," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 472-480, Mar. 2000. (US Patent No. 6,580,912 and 6,311,068).
6. Jane-Hua Huang, Li-Chun Wang, Chung-Ju Chang, “Capacity and QoS for A Scalable Ring-based Wireless Mesh Network,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 24, No. 11, pp. 2070~2080, Nov. 2006.
Multiuser/Network MIMO Antenna Systems:
7. Chiung-Jang Chen and Li-Chun Wang, "Enhancing Coverage and Capacity for Multiuser MIMO Systems by Utilizing Scheduling, " IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, Vol. 5, No. 5, pp. 1148-1157, May, 2006.
8. Li-Chun Wang, Chu-Jung Yeh and I-Kang Fu, “Frequency Planning for Inter-cell Interference Reduction in 3-cell Collaborative MIMO Systems,” http://www.ieee802.org/16/tgm/contrib/C80216m-09_2280.doc, Nov. 2009. The IEEE 802.16m WiMAX group has adopted the key concept of this contribution and specified, “The default number of neighboring ABSs coordinated to support Collaborative MIMO (Co-MIMO) transmission is three” (page 710, Section 184.108.40.206 of its standard IEEEP802.16m/D4, Feb. 2010).
9. Li-Chun Wang, Wei-Cheng Liu, and Kuan-Jiin Shieh, "On the Performance of Using Multiple Transmit and Receive Antennas in Pulse Based Ultra-Wideband Systems," IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, Vol. 4, No. 6, pp. 2738-2750, Nov. 2005.
10. Li-Chun Wang, G. L. Stuber, and C. T. Lea, "Effects of correlated shadowing and Rician fading on a local-mean-based macro-diversity system," IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp.429-436, 1999.
Radio Resource Allocation Techniques:
11. Kin K. Leung and Li-Chun Wang, " Integrated link adaptation and power control for wireless IP networks,” in IEEE VTC 2000 (journal version in " IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 619-629, Oct 2002)
12. Chih-Min Chao, Yu-Chee Tseng, Li-Chun Wang, “Reducing Internal and External Fragmentations of OVSF Codes in WCDMA Systems with Multiple Codes," IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 1516-1526, July 2005.
13. Li-Chun Wang, Shi-Yen Huang, and Yu-Chee Tseng, "Interference Analysis and Resource Allocation for TDD-CDMA Systems to Support Asymmetric Services by Using Directional Antennas," IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 54, No. 3, pp. 1056-1069, May 2005.